* Ratings denoted with an asterisk (*) reflect preliminary data subject to change when additional data becomes available.
IMPORTANT: Trait rating scores provide key information useful in selection and management of Brevant® brand products in your area. Information and ratings are based on comparisons with other Brevant brand products, not competitive products. Information and scores are assigned by Corteva Research Managers. Scores are based on period-of-years testing through 2020 harvest and were the latest available at time of printing. Some scores may change after 2021 harvest. Scores represent an average of performance data across areas of adaptation, multiple growing conditions, and a wide range of both climate and soil types, and may not predict future results. Individual product responses are variable and subject to a variety of environmental, disease and pest pressures. Please use this information as only one component of your product positioning decision. Refer to www.brevant.ca or contact your local sales representative for the latest and most complete listing of traits and scores for each Brevant brand product.
- HERBICIDE RESISTANCE: VARIETIES WITH THE GLYPHOSATE TOLERANT TRAIT (including those designated by the letter “R” in the product number) contain genes that confer tolerance to glyphosate herbicides. Glyphosate herbicides will killcrops that are not tolerant to glyphosate. Always follow grain marketing, stewardship practices and pesticide label directions. VARIETIES WITH THE ROUNDUP READY 2 YIELD® (RR2Y) trait contain genes that confer tolerance to glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup® brand agricultural herbicides. Roundup® brand agricultural herbicides will kill crops that are not tolerant to glyphosate. VARIETIES WITH ROUNDUP READY 2 XTEND® (RR2X) technology contain genes that confer tolerance to dicamba and glyphosate. Dicamba will kill crops that are not tolerant to dicamba. Roundup®, Roundup Ready 2 Yield® and Roundup Ready trademarks of Monsanto Technology LLC used under license. Individual results may vary, and performance may vary from location to location and from year to year. This result may not be an indicator of results you may obtain as local growing, soil and weather conditions may vary. Growers should evaluate data from multiple locations and years whenever possible. ENLIST E3® SOYBEANS contain the Enlist E3 trait that provides crop safety for use of labelled over-the-top applications of glyphosate, glufosinate and 2,4-D herbicides featuring Colex-D® technology when applied according to label directions. Following burndown, the only 2,4-D containing herbicide products that may be used with Enlist™ crops are products that feature Colex-D technology and are expressly labelled for use on Enlist crops. 2,4-D products that do not contain Colex-D technology are not authorized for use in conjunction with Enlist E3 soybeans. WARNING: Enlist E3 soybeans are tolerant of over-the top applications of glyphosate, glufosinate, and 2,4-D. Accidental application of incompatible herbicides to this variety could result in total crop loss. When using 2,4-D herbicides, grower agrees to only use 2,4-D products that contain Colex-D technology authorized for use in conjunction with Enlist E3 soybeans. Always read and follow herbicide label directions prior to use. Enlist™ 1 and Enlist Duo™ are the only 2,4-D products authorized for use with Enlist crops. Consult Enlist herbicide labels for weed species controlled. Additional product-specific stewardship requirements for Enlist crops, including the Enlist™ Product Use Guide, can be found at www.EnlistCanada.ca Always read and follow label directions. The transgenic soybean event in the Enlist E3® soybean was jointly developed and owned by Corteva Agriscience and M.S. Technologies, L.L.C. ® ™ Enlist, Enlist E3, the Enlist E3 logo, and Colex-D are trademarks of Corteva Agriscience and its affiliated companies. Excellence Through Stewardship is a registered trademark of Excellence Through Stewardship.
- RELATIVE MATURITY: Shows the relative maturity group rating, with the digits preceding the decimal representing the general maturity group, and the digit following the decimal showing relative maturity within the group on a scale of 0 to 9, with 0 early and 9 late. For example, a soybean product with a relative maturity rating of 1.8 would be a late product in Group 1 maturity.
- EMERGENCE SCORE: Rating based on speed and strength of emergence in sub-optimal temperatures. 1-3 = Below Average; 4-6 = Average; 7-9 = Excellent.
- PHYTOPHTHORA FIELD TOLERANCE: Products with high tolerance scores have demonstrated an ability to thrive in the presence of Phytophthora races to which they lack specific resistance. In some products, tolerance is expressed only after the early seedling growth stage, making such products susceptible to damping off during emergence and early seed growth.
- PHYTOPHTHORA RESISTANCE GENE: (-) OR "NON SCN" = No specific gene for resistance. RPS1^^ = Contains Rps1c or Rps1k Phytophthora resistance. RPS 1A = Provides resistance to races 1, 2, 10, 11, 13-18, 24, 26, 27, 31, 32 & 36. RPS 1C = Provides resistance to races 1-3, 6-11, 13, 15, 17, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28-30, 32, 34, 36. RPS 1K = Provides resistance to races 1-11, 13-15, 17, 18, 21-24, 26, 36, 37. RPS 6 = Provides resistance to races 1-4, 10, 12, 14-16, 18-21, 25, 28, 33-35. RPS 3A = Resistant to races 1-5, 8-9, 11, 13-14, 16, 18, 23, 25, 28-29, 31-35, 39-41, 43-45, 47-52, 54 RPS 3C = Resistant to races 1-4, 10-16, 18-36, 38-54
- WHITE MOULD: Scores based on Brevant research observations of comparative white mold tolerance among various soybean products across multiple locations and years. All products are capable of developing white mold symptoms under severe infestations. To our knowledge, there are no totally resistant products in the industry. However, differences exist in the ability of products to tolerate white mold (i.e., the rate at which the infection develops and the extent of damage it causes). These scores reflect those differences.
- SCN RESISTANCE SOURCE: There are three sources of genetic resistance to SCN currently deployed in the marketplace: PI88788; PI548402 (also known as Peking); PI437654 (also known as Hartwig); R = Resistant to SCN but the source of that resistance is not yet identified.
- SOYBEAN CYST NEMATODE [SCN]: Resistance to each of the major SCN races is scored on a 1-9 scale. 9-8 = Excellent resistance; 7 = Very good resistance; 6 = Good resistance; 5 = Average resistance; 4 = Below average resistance; 3-2 = Susceptible; 1 = Highly susceptible; to the specific race indicated.
- FLOWER COLOUR: P = Purple, W = White
- CANOPY WIDTH: 9 = Extremely bushy; 1 = Very narrow.
- PLANT HEIGHT FOR MATURITY: 9 = Tall; 1 = Short.
- % PROTEIN AT 13% MOISTURE: Compare data within table only. Values can vary widely by growing season and region.
- % OIL AT 13% MOISTURE: Compare data within table only. Values can vary widely by growing season and region.
- SEED SIZE RANGE: Expressed in seeds per pound under normal growing conditions. Range is calculated over multiple years and locations. Since seed size may vary by growing season and region, check the “seeds/pound” information printed on the bag.
- PUBESSCENCE COLOUR: T = Tawny; G = Gray, L = Light tawny; M = Mixed.
- HILA COLOUR: BL = Black; BR = Brown; G = Grey; IB = Imperfect black; TN = Tan; BF = Buff; IY = Imperfect Yellow; Y = Yellow (Clear).
- POD COLOUR: BR = Brown; TN = Tan.